Privacy and Cookies
INFORMATION PURSUANT TO ART. 13 OF THE EUROPEAN REGULATION 679/2016 (GDPR)
(information updated on 30/03/2022)
Data controller and personal data protection officer The Data Controller is VeniceHotels.com, with registered office in Venice, Via G. Hertz 3, email
Types of information collected
VeniceHotels.com customers may be asked for the following personal data: Date of arrival, Number of days of stay, Surname, Name, Sex, Date of birth , Place of birth (municipality and province if in Italy, country if abroad), Citizenship, Type of identity document, Identity document number, Place of issue of document (municipality and province if in Italy, country if abroad), details of payment.
For families, only one of the spouses must provide complete data, while for the other spouse and minor children the following are sufficient: Number of days of stay, Surname, Name, Sex, Date of birth, Place of birth ( municipality and province if in Italy, country if abroad), Citizenship.
We also collect the references of any acquaintances if they wish to contact customers, leave a message or, conversely, when the customer asks us to get in touch with them.
Upon the explicit consent of the customer, particular personal data may be collected (e.g. information aimed at revealing racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious beliefs or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, sex life, health conditions or judicial data ) in order to meet specific customer requests or to satisfy special requests (eg particular type of food, adaptation of the furniture in the room for health reasons, etc ...).
Simple visitors may be asked for mere identification data, unless they request a specific service for which additional personal data is required.
The restaurant's customers will be asked for common personal data, in case of booking , and payment details.
Users of the website will be asked for common personal and contact data if they want information on the services offered by VeniceHotels.com, as well as any other data according to the specifications indicated in the specific page "Cookies ".
All data is collected for the purposes indicated below.
Purpose of data processing
The personal data collected are processed for the following purposes:
A) Provide the requested services;
B) Fulfill obligations provided for in the field of public security and in particular by the Ministerial Decree of 7 January 2013, Provisions concerning the communication to the public security authorities of the arrival of people housed in accommodation facilities, and any additional supplementary or amending regulations;
C) Fulfill any tax or accounting obligations;
D) Allow customers to receive or send messages from or to third parties;
E) Satisfy the personal preferences of customers, such as requests for services or advice ;
F) Send information material relating to events or promotions carried out by VeniceHotels.com;
G) VeniceHotels.com also reserves the right to request permission to use the personal data of customers to send messages and communications from the brand direct ting in relation to the products and services offered by VeniceHotels.com or its partners.
Legal basis of the processing
The data collected for the purposes referred to in points A), B) and C) allow VeniceHotels.com to provide the requested service.
Any refusal to provide such data will make it impossible for VeniceHotels.com to provide the requested service.
The personal data referred to in points D), E) and G) are processed by VeniceHotels.com by virtue of the freely expressed consent.
The processing referred to in point F) is carried out pursuant to art. 130, paragraph 4 of the Privacy Code (Legislative Decree 196/2003).
The Customer's personal data will be stored in a form that allows identification for no longer than necessary and for the purposes for which VeniceHotels.com collected the data or in any case for a period of ten (10) years, also in compliance with public safety regulations.
The retention period may be extended up to ten (10) years or the different period of time provided for by Italian law, for tax data or to adequately resolve any legal disputes.
Particular data , if granted by the customer, they are kept for a maximum period of five (10) years which will be renewed in the event of further stays by the customer .
At the end of the retention period, the data is anonymized in order to analyze trends and other behaviors at an aggregate level.
Communication of data
Personal data will be communicated by VeniceHotels.com electronically to the Public Safety Authority, in compliance with the provisions of the Consolidated Law on Public Safety and the Decree Ministerial of 7 January 2013, or any amendments and additions to them.
Furthermore, personal data may be communicated to:
1. VeniceHotels.com collaborators, who provide services for the purposes indicated in the previous points;
2. Subjects who process data in execution of specific legal obligations;
3. Additional judicial or administrative authorities, if this is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations arising from the application of applicable laws, a court order or a subpoena;
4. Companies or service providers that carry out activities on behalf of VeniceHotels.com for purposes strictly related to the provision of the services requested by the customer;
5. Companies or service providers to meet contractual obligations related to the fulfillment of bookings made for future stays or events.
Profiling and dissemination of data
Personal data can be processed by means of both paper and computer archives (including portable devices) and processed in a manner strictly necessary to meet the purposes indicated above.
VeniceHotels.com, except as indicated in the previous paragraphs, maintains the utmost confidentiality on customer data. Also in order to reserve the customer an exclusive service and tailored as much as possible to his specific needs, VeniceHotels.com could carry out profiling activities, for example in reference to previous stays.
Rights of the interested party
For all legal purposes, the interested party can always contact the addresses indicated above to assert their rights which include those of:
- ask VeniceHotels.com for access to personal data and information relating to the same;
- the correction of inaccurate data or the integration of incomplete ones;
- the cancellation of personal data (at occurrence of one of the conditions indicated in art.17, paragraph 1 of the GDPR and in compliance with the exceptions provided for in paragraph 3 of the same article);
- the limitation of the processing of personal data (in the event of one of the hypotheses indicated in art.18, paragraph 1 of the GDPR);
- request and obtain personal data from VeniceHotels.com in a structured and readable format by automatic device, also in order to communicate such data to another data controller (so-called right to the portability of personal data);
- oppose the processing of personal data at any time in the event of particular situations concerning the data subject;
- withdraw consent at any time, limited to cases in which the processing is based on consent for one or more specifications purposes and concerns common personal data (for example date and place of birth or place of residence), or particular categories of data (for example data revealing racial origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, state of health or sex life). The treatment based on consent and carried out prior to the revocation of the same retains, however, its lawfulness;
- propose a complaint to a supervisory authority (Authority for the protection of personal data - www.garanteprivacy.it).
Below you will find more information about cookies, how they are used on the Sites and what control procedures we adopt with respect to the cookies themselves.
By means of our banner, you consent to the use of technical cookies, in accordance with this Cookies Policy.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are saved on your electronic device (PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.) while browsing a website and that provide certain information. Cookies are then sent back to the origin website during each subsequent navigation, or they are sent to a different website that is able to recognize that specific cookie. Cookies act as a memory for a website, allowing the Sites to recognize your device on each subsequent visit to that same site. Cookies also allow you to store your browsing preferences by offering you a more functional experience of the Sites, and making the content of the Sites as personalized as possible. Web browsers allow you to exercise some control over Cookies through your browser settings. Most browsers allow you to block cookies or block cookies from certain sites. Browsers can also help you delete cookies when you close your browser. However, you should keep in mind that this may mean that any opt-outs or preferences you have set on the Sites will be lost. We invite you to consult the technical information relating to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable the setting of Cookies or if you refuse to accept a Cookie, some parts of the service may not work properly or may be significantly slower.
Types of cookies and their purpose
Cookies can be technical, statistical / analytical and marketing. In particular:
- the technical cookies used by our Sites are used to make and facilitate your navigation, as well as to provide you and allow you to use the services of the Sites;
- Analytical cookies are used to analyze and monitor the way you use the Sites (e.g. no. of accesses and pages viewed), for statistical purposes and to allow us to make improvements to the Sites in terms of operation and navigation ;
- Marketing and profiling cookies to analyze your online behavior to offer you targeted advertising based on your preferences. The provision of data, with the exception of those collected through technical cookies, is optional.
How to delete cookies
To reopen the banner and change your preferences, click on "Cookies" in the header of the website and the booking page .
You can also disable cookies at any time by manually modifying the configuration of your browser and following the instructions contained in the policies of the cookie managers.
How to disable cookies
(disabling technical cookies you may not be able to use some features of the Sites):
Chrome: https: / /support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
If you are using a web browser not listed above, please refer to the documentation or to your browser's online help for more information. We also specify that the Data Controller acts as a mere technical intermediary for the links shown in this document and cannot assume any responsibility in the event of any changes. You will find more information on Cookies, including how you can understand what Cookies have set on your device, and how you can manage and delete them, by accessing the following link www.aboutcookies.org .
For more information oni on the use of personal data by Google, access the following link: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ partner-sites .
Cookies used by this website
This website and the booking web page use only technical cookies.
Technical cookies allow us to improve your navigation and to provide you with all the services offered by the sites. In particular, our site uses the following technical cookies:
|BNES_PHPSESSID||UniTravel||Used to increase the security level of PHPSESSID.||End of session|
|BNI_LBpersistent||UniTravel||Used to preserve the state of the user session during the page request by tracing the originating server.||End of session|
|PHPSESSID||UniTravel||Used to preserve the state of the user session during the page request.||End of session|
|Tag_manager||Provided by Google.com and used to implement Google Analytics using the Universal Analytics tag or the classic version of the tag.||30 days|
|_ BL_GFC||UniTravel||Create a unique id for each user for the site to function properly.||30 days|
|_ ga||Provided by Google.com and used, applying an IP masking system, solely to track the origin of the user in order to be able to charge Google for any transaction resulting from a reservation. td >||30 days|
|_ gac||Provided by Google.com and used, applying an IP masking system, solely to track the origin of the user in order to be able to charge Google for any transaction resulting from a reservation. td >||30 days|
|_ gali||Provided by Google.com and used, applying an IP masking system, solely to track the origin of the user in order to be able to charge Google for any transaction resulting from a reservation. td >||30 days|
|_ gat||30 days|
|_ ads_HOTELNAME_au||Allows you to understand how a user of our site uses the website by generating analytical data.||30 days|
|_ ads_HOTELNAME_aw||Provided by Google.com and used to track the origin of the user in order to be able to attribute any transaction resulting from a booking to Google Ads.||30 days|
|_ gcl_ha||Provided by Google.com and used to track the origin of the user in order to be able to attribute any transaction resulting from a booking to Google Hotel Ads.||30 days|
|_ gid||30 days|
|_ GoogleBooking||UniTravel||Used to trace the origin of the user to thein order to be able to charge Google Hotel Ads for any transaction resulting from a booking.||30 days|
|_ Tripconnect||UniTravel||Used to track the origin of the user in order to be able to charge TripAdvisor for any transaction resulting from a booking.||30 days|
|_ uetmsclkid||Microsoft||Provided by Microsoft and used to track the origin of the user in order to be able to attribute any transaction resulting from a booking to Microsoft Advertising.||30 days|